Learning to the Last MinuteRecord Number: 8866 Displayed from: Jun 1 2012 12:00AM, until: Jun 5 2012 12:00AM
Fort Wayne Community Schools’ students will be learning up to the last moments of the 2011-12 school year. They will also take time to have some fun while celebrating the end of a great year.
Here are a few events taking place on Tuesday, June 5:
- Indian Village Elementary, 3835 Wenonah Lane, will celebrate the accomplishments of third-, fourth- and fifth-grade students at an Honors Breakfast at 7:30 a.m.
- First-graders at Arlington Elementary, 8118 St. Joe Center Road, will host a "Reading Café” from 8:45 a.m.-3 p.m. Each first- grade student has created a "menu" of books that they can read fluently. Classrooms within the building will have the opportunity to visit a first-grade café where they will be seated and presented a menu of books from which to choose. They will receive a drink and a snack and a first-grader will read the selection that the "customer" has made from the menu.
- Fifth-graders at Indian Village Elementary will spend their last day of elementary school learning how to run a business at JA’s Biztown.
- Forest Park Elementary, 2004 Alabama Ave., will recognize the many accomplishments of students in kindergarten through fourth grade during awards programs. Kindergarten and first-grade students will be honored at 9:15 a.m.; second- and third-grade students will be honored at 9:50 a.m.; and fourth-grade students will be honored at 10:25 a.m. Fifth-graders have a special ceremony on June 4.
- Holland Elementary third-graders will learn safety tips during a trip from 9:15-11:30 a.m. to the Survive Alive House at Safety Village.
- Third-graders from St. Joseph Central Elementary will visit Roller Dome North from 9:15-11:30 a.m. to learn about the value of physical fitness as a life-long routine and celebrate a year of working hard and showing growth in all academic areas.
- Maplewood Elementary, 2200 Maplewood Road, will recognize the accomplishments of students in first and second grades during a celebration at 9:30 a.m. At 10:30 a.m., students in third and fourth grades will be honored. Fifth-graders will be honored on June 4.
- At North Side High School, 475 E. State Blvd., students will take final exams in the morning and then celebrate student accomplishments with the annual Pride Day celebration at 1 p.m. During the celebration, one student with outstanding attendance will win a car, a six-year tradition for the school.
© Fort Wayne Community Schools | May 25th 2013