Hundreds Volunteer at FWCS Buildings for United Way Day of CaringRecord Number: 8950 Displayed from: Aug 1 2012 12:00AM, until: Aug 31 2012 12:00AM
Hundreds of volunteers will clean, paint and spruce up the landscaping at 12 Fort Wayne Community Schools buildings Thursday, Aug. 2, as part of United Way of Allen County’s annual Day of Caring.
A dozen businesses and community groups signed up to work at schools throughout the city from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. to get the buildings in shape for registration, which begins Friday.
The friendships formed on Day of Caring often turn into long-term partnerships between the businesses and the schools with employees returning to volunteer or help the schools in other ways throughout the school year.
Below are the Day of Caring sites and the teams working at the sites on Thursday:
- Adams Elementary, 4325 Smith St. – Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Brentwood Elementary, 3710 Stafford Drive – Trelleborg Sealing Solutions
- Glenwood Park Elementary, 4501 Vance Ave. – Indiana Michigan Power
- Haley Elementary, 2201 Maplecrest Road – SwissRe
- Northcrest Elementary, 5301 Archwood Lane – Vera Bradley
- Northwood Middle School, 1201 E. Washington Center Road – Walgreens-Northcrest
- Portage Middle School, 3521 Taylor St. – Fort Wayne Community Schools
- Scott Academy, 950 E. Fairfax Ave. – Trinity English Lutheran Church
- South Wayne Elementary, 810 Cottage Ave. – AccuGear
- Study Elementary, 2414 Brooklyn Ave. – NIPSCO
- Washington Elementary, 1015 W. Washington Blvd. – Wells Fargo Bank
- Washington Center Elementary, 1936 W. Wallen Road – Baden, Gage & Schroeder, LLC
© Fort Wayne Community Schools | May 23rd 2013