FWCS Hires Program Manager for $119 Million Building ProjectRecord Number: 8997 Displayed from: Aug 28 2012 12:00AM, until: Oct 31 2012 12:00AM
The Fort Wayne Community Schools Board of School Trustees appointed Brailsford & Dunlavey of Dublin,Ohio, as the program manager for the School Building Basic Renewal and Safety Project, which was approved by voters in May with the majority voting in favor of a $119 million bond referendum.
Brailsford & Dunlavey, with assistance from Fanning Howey of Indianapolis and Blundall Associates of Fort Wayne, will assist in the implementation of the project by:
- Developing the program master schedule, detailed scope of the project and program management strategy.
- Developing District building standards.
- Recommending construction delivery systems.
- Developing request for proposals for architectural and engineering services for projects.
- Developing request for proposals for construction management services.
- Developing request for proposals for design-build developers, if this delivery method is used.
- Reviewing submitted proposals and organizing the selection processes.
- Serving as a non-voting member of the Technical Review Committee for any design-build projects.
- Training and hiring internal FWCS staff or consultants.
- Assisting FWCS with data management related to the project.
Brailsford & Dunlavey was selected from four firms interviewed by a committee that included FWCS staff and local community and business leaders.
“Through our interview process, we found Brailsford & Dunlavey would bring vast experience in K-12 program management to our project,” FWCS Chief Financial Officer Kathy Friend said. “They have experience with different delivery methods and will identify the methods that make the most sense for individual buildings and projects. They also have tools to support an efficient and fair implementation of the project and will work with Indianapolis-based Fanney Howey and Fort Wayne-based Blundall Associates to ensure local collaboration.”
The cost associated with using Brailsford & Dunlavey will depend on the services FWCS decides to use. The initial contract will be $250,000. If additional services are contracted, the additional amount will be presented to the Board of School Trustees.
© Fort Wayne Community Schools | December 5th 2013