FWCS School Choice Fair
1-4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013
Northrop High School, 7001 Coldwater Road
Creativity, Culture, Championships, Challenging Academics - Fort Wayne Community Schools has it all. And FWCS parents have a Choice to pick the school that best meets the needs of their child. Each year, about one-third of our students attend a school that is not their geographically assigned school. FWCS families have the opportunity to select a neighborhood school or a specialty program. How can you find out more about what FWCS has to offer? Come to the School Choice Fair, which will be held from 1-4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, at Northrop High School, 7001 Coldwater Road. Meet staff members from each of our schools. Find out more about Transportation, Nutrition Services, Special Education and other departments supporting our students, families and schools. Talk to parents and students about their experiences. And don't forget to check out the entertainment. Captivating, Courteous, Character, Cohesive, Collegiate, Cool - We Are Your Schools.
If you need a username or password for Pinnacle, please contact your school..
If you experience any issues logging on or using Pinnacle, please contact FWCS at 467-2162.
Schools have individual websites. Find school calendars, contact information and other school information here.
Ready to Enroll?
Free transportation to and from the School Choice Fair is available via FWCS School Bus.
- 12:10 p.m. - Brendonwood Park Apartments, 1004 Fayette Dr.
- 12:25 p.m. - South Side High School, 3601 S. Calhoun St.
- 12:30 p.m. - Weisser Park Elementary School, 902 Colerick St.
- 12:40 p.m. - Bunche Early Childhood Center, 1111 Greene St.
Bus leaves Northrop High School at 3:45 p.m. returning to each pick-up spot.
- Academic Services
- Continuing Education
- Health Services
- Human Resources
- Neighborhood Connection
- Nutrition Services
- Public Affairs
- Security Department
- Special Education
- Student Services
- Technology Department
- 21st Century Scholars
- Bowen Center
Employee Assistance Program
- Civil Air Patrol
- Drug & Alcohol Consortium
- Early Childhood Alliance
- Easter Seals/ARC
- Girl Scouts
- Habitat for Humanity
- United Hispanic Americans Inc.
- Hispanic Development
- IPFW Physics Department
- McMillen Center
- MHS Indiana
- Parkview Live
- Science Central
- United Way of Allen County
In the Auditorium
Meet notable FWCS alumni and view performances by our talented students all afternoon:
- 1-2 p.m. - Wayne Flag Corps; Jason Barnes (Seattle Seahawks Scout), Terry Collins (Personal Trainer) and Vernard Hollins (President/CEO of Always 100)
- 2-3 p.m.—South Side Show Choir; Dr. Alan McGee (Spine Surgeon) and Stephen Starks (Attorney)
- 3-4 p.m.—Memorial Park Band and Show Choir; Happy Walters (CEO Relativity Sports/COO Relativity Media), Jason Baker (Professional Football Player) and Lance Tolbert (Professional Musician)
- Face painting by Sweetcakes Entertainment
- Storyteller Condra Ridley - 2 p.m
- Mad Ants players and mascot
- Johnny from the Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lucktech Photobooth
Do Not Miss!
Attend an alumni panel for a chance to win up to four free tickets the 5:30 p.m. showing of Free Birds on Saturday at Regal Cinemas Coldwater Crossing, 211 W. Washington Center Road. Supplies are limited for this family-friendly movie!
- Free books from United Way of Allen County
- Watch Anthis Career Center Construction Trades students build picnic tables.
- Free childcare!
- Free food samples by Anthis Career Center Culinary Arts students.
- Translators available.
Register for door prizes: