Fort Wayne Community Schools - Superintendent
Wendy Y. Robinson, Ed.D.
Dr. Robinson is an active member of the community and has formed partnerships with local agencies and businesses to increase educational opportunities. She serves on numerous boards including Greater Fort Wayne Inc. and Parkview Hospital. She is a longtime member of the Indiana Urban Schools Association, serving as president in 2012 and 2013. She will lead IUSA again in 2018. She was also a member of the Indiana Panel to Study Alternatives to the ISTEP, a state-appointed committee recommending changes to Indiana’s standardized testing system.
More about Dr. Robinson ...
In her 40 years with Fort Wayne Community Schools, she has served as a classroom teacher, assistant principal, principal and central office administrator. She was appointed to the position of Superintendent of Fort Wayne Community Schools in July 2003 after an eight-year assignment as Deputy Superintendent. Dr. Robinson was awarded her undergraduate and advanced degrees from DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne and Ball State University in Muncie. Her Ed.D. in educational administration and supervision was obtained from Ball State in 1996.
- Greater Fort Wayne Inc.
- Indiana Urban Schools Association
- Parkview Hospital
Awards and Honors
- 2018 – Indiana Superintendent of the Year, Indiana Association of Public School Superintendents
- 2017 – Partner in Purpose, Great Progressive Baptist Church
- 2016 – Leaders to Learn From, Education Week
- 2015 – Outstanding PTA Partner, Indiana PTA
- 2014 – Co-Citizen of the Year with Mark GiaQuinta, The Journal Gazette
- 2013 – Chairman’s Award, Indiana Civil Rights Commission/ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Indiana Holiday Commission
- 2012 – Mike Kneale Educational Excellence in Leadership Award, Education Research & Development Institute (ERDI)
- 2010 – Communities for a Lifetime Award of Excellence, Aging & In-Home Services of Northeast Indiana, Inc.
- 2009 – Joseph E. Hill Superintendent of the Year, National Alliance of Black School Educators
- 2008 - District II Superintendent of the Year, Indiana Association of Public School Superintendents
- 2005 - Athena Award
- 2004 – Elizabeth Dobynes Award, Fort Wayne NAACP
- 2004 – Helene R. Foellinger Achievement Award, YWCA
This email address should not be used for official communication. Email sent to this address is not private, and may be shared with other individuals.
Fort Wayne Community Schools
1200 South Clinton Street
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46802
Notice is given pursuant to I.C. 20-26-5-4.3 that the Board of Fort Wayne Community Schools will convene a Public Meeting on December 11, 2017 at 6:00 p.m., at the Grile Administration Building, 1200 South Clinton Street, Fort Wayne, IN 46802, for the purpose of hearing public comment on the proposed Superintendent contract extension and discussion of same by the Board.
The details of the proposed contract extension include:
- Duration: An additional one (1) year to June 30, 2020, for a minimum of 260 working days per year;
- Annual salary of $210,164, plus annual annuity payment of $20,000 paid into an IRS Section 403 (b) account, and annual, conditional Retention Payment paid into an IRS Section 401 (a) account no later than December 31, 2019 in the amount of $7,500 and a conditional amount of $7,500 to be paid no later than July 31, 2020.
- Additional forms of compensation for each year of the contract consisting of:
- Life insurance and long-term disability annual premium - $1,029;
- Employer portion of Social Security/Medicare - $11,316;
- Contribution to the Indiana State Teachers’ Retirement Fund - $6,905;
- Estimated valued of cellular telephone - $600;
- Contribution for family health insurance premium - $18,792;
- Use of a leased vehicle and all related expenses including gas, insurance and maintenance valued at approximately $10,000;
- Monetary value of total package estimated at between $278,807 and $293,807 annually depending upon conditional payments.