Fort Wayne Community Schools - Student Enrollment Forms
Fort Wayne Community Schools welcomes all students. Students are assigned to a school based on residence, but as a district of choice, parents can also choose another school within the district. Transfers are approved based on space availability. Enrollment forms as well as School Assignment (Transfer) Applications can be found on this page. Transportation is provided to students outside of established radiuses from each school. Transportation is not provided to students who transfer to another school, except those enrolled in a magnet school or a Program of Study.
Enrollment Forms to be Completed for All Students
Permission to use, and/or copyright, personally identifiable information.
Comprehensive health history. Individual HealthCare Plans should be in place for students with Asthma, Diabetes, Seizures, Food Allergies, Insect Sting Allergies, Cancer, Hemophilia and other health conditions. Many plans require physician's signatures so contact your school nurse as soon as possible to complete the plans. Plans should be completed and in place before the first day of school.
Enrollment Forms to be completed by students new to FWCS
Must be completed by physician.
Detailed immunization requirements by grade level.
Must be completed by examining dentist.
- Grades 1-12 Enrollment Form (Enrollment Spanish) (Enrollment Burmese)
- Kindergarten Enrollment Form (Kindergarten Spanish) (Kindergarten Burmese)
- Pre-K Enrollment Form (Pre-K Spanish) (Pre-K Burmese)
School Assignment (Transfer) Applications
Lottery applications for 2017-18 will be accepted starting November 12th and due by December 20th.
- Pre-K Assignment Application (Bunche Montessori: 3 and 4 year old pre-K; Whitney Young: 4 year old pre-K)
- Elementary Assignment Application
- Elementary Out-of-District Assignment Application & Records Request Form (For Non-FWCS students residing outside of the FWCS attendance area)
- Middle School Assignment Application
- Middle School Out-of-District Assignment Application & Records Request Form (For Non-FWCS students residing outside of the FWCS attendance area)
- High School Assignment Application
- High School Out-of-District Assignment Application & Records Request Form (For Non-FWCS students residing outside of the FWCS attendance area)
Living Outside FWCS
Students who live outside FWCS boundaries may attend FWCS schools, based on a school's space availability and racial balance. A tuition payment may be required. Fees are set in August, and may vary from year to year due to changes in public school funding by the State of Indiana. FWCS has the authority (by law) to deny a request for transfer* if the applicant has been suspended or expelled during the twelve month period preceding the transfer application for the following reasons:
- Suspension for ten (10) or more school days;
- For a violation under I.C. 20-33-8-16 (firearms, deadly weapons or destructive devices);
- For causing physical injury to a student, school employee or school visitor;
- For a violation of a school's drug or alcohol rules; or
- When the applicant is ineligible to enroll during a period of expulsion or proposed expulsion under I.C. 20-33-8-30.
*This does not apply to any FWCS intra-district transfers (IDT).
Any non-FWCS student residing outside of the district's boundaries petitioning for a transfer into FWCS must have all the following materials returned to Student and Family Support Services:
- Completed Out-of-District Request of Records (Requesting for discipline records for the past 12 months)
Student and Family Support Services will be responsible for requesting and retrieving the applicant's records from the previous school. The Out-of-District applications will not be entered into the lottery until the discipline records have been reviewed. The application deadline for the lottery is December 18, 2015. Any late applications will be placed on the waiting list. Contact Student and Family Support Services, 260.467.2120, for further information.