FWCS Kindergarten Information and Resources
Getting Ready for Kindergarten
FWCS offers full-day kindergarten in all elementary school for all children who live in the District and turn 5 years old by Aug. 1 (Indiana Code 20-33-2-7). We offer a high quality kindergarten program that encourages students to learn and grow with age-appropriate curriculum focused on literacy and other skills needed to be a successful learner in the years to come. Students may attend their neighborhood school or apply for enrollment into another school within the District. Information about all schools can be found in the School Catalog . Parents can apply for early entrance into kindergarten by submitting an application. Application forms are available at the Family & Community Engagement Center, 230 E. Douglas Ave. Please call Student, Family & Community Engagement at 260.467.2120 to inquire about application deadlines and any other enrollment questions.
Parents can apply for early entrance into kindergarten by submitting an application. Application forms are available at the Student and Family Support Services Department, 230 E. Douglas Ave. Please call Student and Family Support Services at 260.467.2120 to inquire about application deadlines.
Looking for information on pre-kindergarten? You’ll find that on the pre-kindergarten page.
FWCS conducts registration for new kindergarten students in March. Registering early allows parents to collect materials to help ease their child's transition to school. It also gives students and their parents the opportunity to become familiar with the school before the school year begins. Parents who cannot attend the spring registration should contact Student, Family & Community Engagement at 260.467.2120 for enrollment information
- Nutrition Services: If the household has a current food stamp case number, the enrolled student may be automatically eligible for benefits. A Meal/Textbook Benefit Application must be submitted to Nutrition Services or the school office prior to the beginning of the school year to ensure processing and determination of eligibility before the first day of school. Call Nutrition Services at 260.467.2055 for additional information or assistance.
- Transportation: Transportation is provided to students attending their geographically assigned school or a magnet school and living outside the No Transportation Zone. For transportation and school boundary information, please call the Coordinator of Routing at 260.467.1900.
- Our school nurses provide excellent care to all students. Make sure your child is ready for school with the proper Immunizations required and other health considerations.
- What immunizations will your child need for kindergarten? Find out here. (Immunizations)
- Conferences: All pre-K and kindergarten students and parents will receive information from the school with a time and date for a conference before school starts. Students may bring their supplies and meet their teacher at this time.